Our Flying Carpet Tour is our top selling tour year after year, and for good reason – it’s the perfect mix of ruins and relaxation. To celebrate, we are giving you the chance to win a Flying Carpet Tour of Turkey for 2 people. If you can’t make it, you can transfer it to friends or family. See here for more information on how to enter, and the terms and conditions.
The lucky winners can look forward to these fabulous experiences:
- Soak in the opulence of the sultans when you visit Topkapi Palace during your visit to Istanbul’s charming Old City which includes the Aya Sofya (Hagia Sophia) and the Blue Mosque.
- Pay tribute to those who fought in World War I during an emotional tour of the Gallipoli Battlefields and learn how the battle of Gallipoli was critical in shaping the identities of Australia, New Zealand and Turkey.
- Learn all about the significance of ancient Troy, and then marvel at the sophistication of ancient culture as you tour the ruins of Pergamum.
- Walk in the footsteps of famous characters from antiquity including St Paul, St John, Antony, Cleopatra and Alexander the Great as you visit the ruins of Ephesus.
- Marvel at the wonder of nature as you visit Pamukkale’s famous white travertines (calcium pools) and the ruins of the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis and nearby Aphrodisias.
- Chill out on the beach or relax on a day cruise around the islands off the shore of beautiful Fethiye.
- See the ghost town of the former Greek village of Kayakoy, deserted following a population exchange between Greece and Turkey in 1923 – the site of some of the filming of the movie The Water Diviner, and the inspiration for Louis de Bernières’ 2004 novel Birds Without Wings
- Relax by the impressive Manavgat Waterfalls near Antalya.
- Be blown away by the incredible lunar-like landscape of Cappadocia.
- Learn about the establishment of the Turkish Republic and Turkey’s founding father Mustafa Kemal Ataturk when you visit Turkey’s capital, Ankara.