The Black Sea region is one of Turkey’s best kept secrets. Home to Turkey’s famous tea industry, and with incredible scenery, waterfalls, charming fishing villages and more, visitors to this area are guaranteed to be delighted. Here are 5 reasons why you should put a visit to Turkey’s Black Sea region on your ‘places to visit’ list:
1. Skip the crowds and the heat – apart from the odd busload of locals making a weekend visit to this area, crowds of tourists are a rare thing in this region. The temperatures are more moderate than other parts of Turkey in summer, making it a perfect place to seek refuge from the summer heat.
2. Experience traditional life – the Black Sea region is relatively untouched and so you have a chance to see daily Turkish life in a regional area. No charming salespeople trying to convince you to buy their wares here!
3. The Black Sea has a rich history – this is where Julius Caesar proclaimed his famous words “veni, vidi, vici” – “I came, I saw, I conquered”. It is also home to the legend of Jason and the Argonauts and their search for the Golden Fleece. Today it is home to many cultures, religions and styles of architecture – a legacy of its colourful past.
4. The Scenery – quite simply, the scenery will take your breath away. Think waterfalls, dramatic mountains towering in the background, lush forests, fertile fields, glorious greenery and sweeping tea plantations. The Black Sea is a nature lover’s delight and guaranteed to soothe a weary soul.
5. The Culture – if you have been to Turkey before you might think you have a handle on Turkish culture, however a trip to the Black Sea will round out your understanding of the country. Black Sea food, culture and traditions are very strong and very distinct, and different to other parts of Turkey. Black Sea region dances and music are famous, not to mention infectious, and the people are easy-going and cheerful.
If you are interested in visiting the Black Sea Region of Turkey, take a look at our Turkey Trailblazer and Black Sea Explorer tours.
One thought on “5 Reasons to Visit Turkey’s Black Sea Region”
Wow, so cool! Definately need to visit this reagion with https://www.yachting.com/en-gb/turkey-yacht-charter
Thanks for sharing this with us.